The Becker Police Department Volunteer Reserve Officer Unit is comprised of approximately 10 men and women who assist the Police Department in numerous activities and functions. Their primary role is to assist officers and the department where needed which may include: traffic control at events such as 5K's within the City or Freedom Days, ride-alongs, house checks, training, etc. These volunteers provide vital assistance to our department and in 2016 donated in excess of 1,000 hours back to the City of Becker.
Requirements for employment as a Volunteer Reserve Officer include:
1. Eighteen (18) years of age (not presently in High School)
2. United States citizen
3. Possess a valid Minnesota Driver's License
4. Pass an employment interview
5. Pass a stringent background investigation. Will include examination of driving record and criminal history
6. Willingess to contribute a minimum of 10 hours per month, which may include ride-alongs, trainings and meetings
Contact the Police Department for more information at 763-200-4267.