Candidates Filing for Mayor or Council Seats
How Do I File For Office in the City of Becker?
Any person 21 years or older (or will be upon assuming office) who is a resident of the City of Becker may become a candidate by filing a completed Affidavit of Candidacy Form with the City Clerk between the hours of 8:00 to 4:30 p.m., and the dates of Tuesday, August 2, 2022 – Tuesday, August 16, 2022 . The Clerk’s office will be open until 5:00 p.m. on August 16 to accept filings. A fee of $2 is required at the time of filing. Forms are available at City Hall. When you register you will receive a paper copy of the Candidate Guide. Candidate must have maintained residency in the City for at least 30 days before the general election. Terms begin January 3, 2023. For more information visit the Secretary of State's Become a Candidate page or contact City Hall at 763-200-4247.
2022 General Election Open Seats - See table below for Candidates
- Two City Council Seats
The City of Becker 2022 Candidate Guide contains important information regarding your campaign. The following documents are located in the guide:
1. City of Becker Candidate Informational Letter
2. Minnesota Secretary of State Affidavit of Candidacy
3. Minnesota Secretary of State Address of Residence Form
4. Minnesota Secretary of State Election Candidate Information Form
5. 2022 Election Calendar of Important Dates
6. Minnesota Secretary of State 2022 Campaign Manual
7. Minnesota Secretary of State Affidavit of Withdrawal Form
8. IRS Fact Sheet - Section 527 Political Organization - Tax Filing Requirements
9. Minnesota Secretary of State Campaign Financial Report Form
10. Minnesota Secretary of State Campaign Financial Report Certification of Filing Form
11. City of Becker Campaign Sign Regulations
12. Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) Campaign Sign Regulations
13. Sherburne County Campaign Sign Regulations
14. Minnesota Voter Registration Application
15. Guidelines for Activity In or Near the Poll
16. Becker City Limits Map
17. Registered Voter List Request Form
18. Accepted Absentee/Mail Ballot List Request Form - 2022 State Elections
The Minnesota Secretary of State Campaign Filing Packet has additional information.
Candidates who complete an Affidavit of Candidacy form will receive a paper copy of the Candidate Guide.
Campaign SignsCampaign signs are allowed from June 24, 2022, to November 18, 2022, for any candidate who has completed an Affidavit of Candidacy and with the permission of the property owner. Signs will be removed if they are considered a safety hazard, to avoid this, signs should be placed out of the right away, approximately 15 feet from the curb. If removed, signs will be stored at City Hall for 30 days. Any sign left unclaimed after December 18, 2022, will be disposed of.
Campaign Finance Reports
Campaign Finance Reports are required by Minnesota State Statute 211A for candidates running for City Offices. These reports must be filled with the City Clerk.
Within 14 days of a candidate raising or spending over $750, a campaign finance report must be filed. A pre-general report is due 10 days prior to the General Election. A post-general report is due 30 days following the general election. A final report must be filed once all debts and aggregate assets in excess of $100 have been disposed of. The Campaign Finance Report may be used for all of these filings. See the Secretary of State's Campaign Finance Filings page for additional information and report filing deadlines.
All candidates must complete a Certification of Filing within seven days of the General Election.
|RICK HENDRICKSON||CITY COUNCIL||8/2/2022|
|ROBIN DINGMANN||CITY COUNCIL||8/5/2022|