Water / Wastewater
The City of Becker WWTF was awarded a Certificate of Commendation from the MPCA. The City has received sixteen of these wastewater commendations since 1977. Nine of these have been received over the last 12 years. This success, particularly in the most recent years, is a direct result
In the News...
In the News...
Requirements for the MPCA Operational Award
- The facility must have had zero effluent violations in a 12 month period.
- No late or incomplete reports: These reports include:
Monthly Discharge Monitoring Reports, Annual Chronic Toxicity Testing reports, Annual Priority Pollutant testing reports, Industrial Bio solids, Annual report, Domestic Bio solids Annual Report, Annual Industrial Pretreatment Report.
- No missed samples: This includes daily, monthly, and annual sampling of all waste streams and the combined effluent.
- No releases of untreated or partially treated wastewater from the collection system or treatment facilities. This means that wastewater facilities, collection system
andlift stations must all be kept in good condition.
- Facility operations are conducted by appropriately MPCA certified operators
- No other violations of any other water quality permit, rule or statutory requirement.
Moving?If you will be moving to or from Becker, to open or close your account, please email the following details, including a subject line of MOVING, or call 763-200-4239.
- If you will be moving to Becker please provide the following information: service address, name(s) for the account, indicate if you are renting or purchasing, contact phone number, date of closing if purchasing or date of move in for a rental. (New accounts are charged a one time $25.00 charge on the first bill to set up the account. City of Becker bills monthly, bills are mailed around the 5th of every month and are due around the 25th of every month.
- If you will be moving from Becker please provide the following information: service address, name(s) on the account, indicate whether you are the owner or a renter, forwarding address for a final water bill, contact phone number, date of closing if selling or date of move out for rental. (A final meter read will be completed on the date of closing or move out as indicated. The final bill will be sent to your forwarding address approximately two weeks following the final meter read.)
Summer Watering Regulations
- If your address ends in an even number, you are allowed to water on the even days of the month.
- If your address ends in an odd number, you are allowed to water on the odd days of the month.
Water Conservation Tips
For more information on conserving water, view our Water Conservation (PDF) document.
Visit the Payment Service Network website to pay your water/sewer bill. To see water/sewer rates please check here.
- 2017 Certification Form
- 2017 Drinking Water Report
- Water Conservation (PDF)
- Lead and Copper in Drinking Water
Check out the DRONE FOOTAGE of the 2016 Waste Water Treatment Facility Upgrade!
Chris LissonWater / Wastewater SuperintendentPhone: 763-200-4259
Jeremy HalvorsonWater SupplyPhone: 763-200-4258
Michael BarringerWater SupplyPhone: 763-200-4258
Robert RiersonWater / Wastewater Operator / MechanicPhone: 763-200-4249
Gerald LanzWater / Wastewater OperatorPhone: 763-261-5855
Hunter BreidenbachWater / Wastewater OperatorPhone: 763-261-5855
Chris KrollWater / Wastewater OperatorPhone: 763-261-5855
Water / Wastewater DepartmentPhysical Address
14398 Central Ave SE
Becker, MN 55308
PO Box 250
Becker, MN 55308
Phone: 763-200-4276Fax: 763-262-5865