UPDATE: March 25, 2020
The city council declared a local emergency. See Resolution 2020-26 Here
Until further notice City Council will be conducting meetings via teleconference. They will be held on the first and third Tuesdays of each month at 6PM. If you would like to call in the number is as follows:
Dial in Number: 1-717-275-8940
Access Code: 8320766#
Local Business Resources are available here
The Local Board of Appeals and Equalization will be held via teleconferencing. Please click here to take you to important information regarding the Board of Appeals.
Notary Services are available in emergency situations only. Please call 763-200-4239 to make an appointment. Sherburne State Bank’s walk up window is also available for Notary Services. Residents are advised to call them to make sure a Notary is available.
UPDATE: March 19, 2020
All city facilities to close to the public March 23 through April 5; essential city services will continue
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic the City of Becker is closing all city facilities to the general public effective Monday, March 23 through Sunday April 5. This action is consistent with the Governor’s action plan and other Minnesota municipalities.
Even though general access to city facilities will be restricted, continuity of city services will be maintained in the following ways:
- access to Becker City Hall will be limited to in-person essential transactions only
- we are asking you to conduct business with us via telephone, email, U.S. mail
- if you require in person contact please call City Hall at 763-200-4239 to schedule an appointment for the services you need to access (building permits, utilities, licenses, etc.)
- there will be limited scheduled in-person appointments
- we will continue to reassess this closure as additional information becomes available.
If you are ill or have flu-like symptoms, please don’t come to Becker City Hall. The safety of other customers, our employees and their families is paramount. We are happy to help you over the phone at:
City Hall mainline: 763-200-4239
City Hall online: https://www.ci.becker.mn.us/
Our intent is to most effectively and proactively practice social distancing to slow the spread of COVID-19. City gathering places have been restricted to gatherings of no more than 10 individuals in one area AND those activities must meet the social distancing (6 feet apart) standard as set forth by:
US CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
Becker Food Shelf
- Located at the Becker City Hall will continue to remain open
- Hours are Tuesday 9 am to 11 am; Thursday 4 pm to 6 pm
- The Food Shelf is limiting the number of customers to 2 families at a time
- All customers must always keep six feet of social distance
- Access to the Food Shelf will be monitored by staff at the door
- Donations can be dropped at Becker City Hall or the Becker Police Department by appointment between 8AM and 4:30PM by calling 763-200-4239
We continue to follow developments across the Country, as well as, locally regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19).