Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Show All Answers
For the protection of its residents, the City of Becker enforces the Minnesota Uniform Building Code. Anytime you are building a new structure, adding onto or modifying an existing structure, you must obtain a building permit from the City. Please contact Metro West Inspections at 763-479-1720.
The City of Becker enforces building setbacks via the City's Zoning Ordinance. Setbacks establish how far a building must be from the property line to ensure adequate light and air are able to pass between structures. This also ensures access to the entire structure for emergency purposes.
To find out what the setback requirements are for your particular property, please call 763-200-4245 or email the
In all new residential developments and many older developments, there are easements along all property lines. These easements vary from 5 feet in width to over 20 feet in width and are meant to allow public access for drainage and utility purposes. These easements are shown on the plat of your property.
If you do not have a copy of your property plat you can obtain a copy from the Planning Department. These drainage and utility easements are critical for the drainage of water throughout an entire development. No fill or structures are allowed to be established in drainage and utility easements that alter the drainage of the development. Also, anything established in drainage and utility easements may be disturbed if utility work needs to be done in the future.
Note: Before you do any digging always contact Gopher State One at 800-252-1166 to have your utility lines marked.
Before placing anything in an easement please contact the
The local cable company is Mid-Continent. They can be reached at 800-888-1300.
Viasat Satellite Internet/cable (www.Viasat.com/internet)
Currently, there are several local internet service providers in Becker. Each of them provides a host of services including DSL.
- Midcontinent can be reached by fax at (763) 271-2550 http://www.midcocomm.com/
- Windstream can be reached at (763) 262-4100 http://www.windstream.com
- Palmer Wireless can be reached at (320) 743-5110 http://www.palmerwireless.com/
- Frontier Communications for new customers can be reached at (855) 668-5959
- Frontier Communications for existing customers (800) 921-8101
- Exede can be reached at (855) 627-2553 www.exede.com
- Hughes Net can be reached at (855) 463-0185 http://www.hughesnetinternet.net/local/
- Viasat Satellite Internet (www.Viasat.com/internet)
-AT&T Internet (https://www.attsavings.com/internet)
For contact information, see the listings for these companies in our
Xcel Energy provides natural gas service for Becker. They can be reached 24 hours a day at 800-895-4999.
The following companies provide landline telephone service to the City:
- Windstream Communications