Yard Waste Site
Other Yard Waste Facility Sites that you can utilize!
There are 3 other locations that you can utilize with your access card to drop off compost related items.
- Big Lake Compost Site located 18041 198th Ave Big Lake, MN. 55309
- Elk River Compost Site located 19000 Proctor Road, Elk River, MN. 55330
- Zimmerman Compost Site: There is no address associated with this site. From Fremont Avenue go south on Main Street past the City Park Ball Fields. Look for a posted sign that says “Leaf & Brush Site.” Go south past the Park n’ Ride lot and continue ton the gravel road for about a 1/4mile until the entrance of the compost.
Commercial Access is NOW Prohibited
In 2021, commercial businesses CAN NOT purchase a compost access pass. Residents who have commercial Sherburne County businesses perform work at their residences may use their compost access passes to access the compost site to alleviate disposal charges that the business would pass on to the property owner. Commercial businesses located outside of Sherburne County doing work within the county will not be able to access the compost sites and will have to find an alternative site to dump.
For more information, please contact Sherburne County Zoning Office at 763-765-4450.
City of Becker Yard Waste Site
For residential users, to gain access to the City of Becker Yard Waste Site, you need to obtain a compost card which are available at Becker City Hall. The initial card is issued at no charge. There is a $5 fee for any replacement card thereafter. The Becker Yard Waste Site is located at 12456 153rd Street SE, Becker, MN 55308. Directions: From Highway 10, take Sherburne Avenue North to Central Avenue. Go East (right) to 150th Avenue (right turn). Go South on 150th Avenue to 122nd Street. Turn East on 122nd Street to 153rd Avenue. Go South on 153rd to the compost site on the right (west side of the road).
Becker Facility Hours: DAWN TO DUSK- 7 days per week. This site is monitored by video surveillance! Violators will lose access to all sites.
ACCEPTABLE ITEMS: branches under 6" in diameter, brush, grass clippings, leaves (including Christmas Trees), and yard waste.
- NO stumps, roots, or logs over 6 inches in diameter
- NO material from outside of Sherburne County
- NO rocks, concrete, trash or plastic bags (Empty Bags and dispose off-site, please)
- NO smoking by order of the Fire Chief
Please contact the City of Becker Streets Department at 763-200-4275 with any further questions or concerns.
Need a Yard Waste Site Access Card?
Yard Waste Cards are available at City Hall from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Got Firewood? What you need to know!
According to the MN Department of Agriculture, that even though there may not appear to be anything living in your firewood, there could potentially be. Please click here to find out more information surrounding Emerald ash borer, etc.